Hey all hope you’re having a wonderful week! It’s been raining where I live for the entire January it seems, so much that I’m beginning to forget what the sun looks like. This seems like a good time to take a break from the normal posts and get to a post I’ve put off since being nominated 3 months ago.. oops!
The totally fabulous Abbie from What Abbie Says nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award a little while back so thanks so much! I really do appreciate the acknowledgement and support, you’ve been nothing but awesome so thank you, can’t say that enough. If you haven’t already I recommend you go check out her blog or go peep her Instagram and Twitter . She always has great content all around, really you won’t regret it I promise.
THE BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD
So this award is basically an award made by bloggers for bloggers. These awards are not so much awards in the traditional sense but rather a fun way to show other bloggers support and appreciation. It’s also a nice way to get to know a bit more about some of the bloggers out there. That being said here are the rules for this award:
- You have to write a blog post thanking the person that nominated you.
- Explain your story on how and why you started blogging.
- Share two general pieces of advice to other bloggers.
- Nominate fifteen other bloggers and let them know you’ve nominated them too.
Let’s get right to it then.
MY BLOGGING STORY
I’ve always enjoyed writing for as long as I can remember. When I was young I always wanted to be a comic book creator like Stan Lee or Todd McFarlane but somewhere along the way I was pushed off that path. Go to school, get a degree, get a good job. That’s what you’re supposed to do, that’s what the parents said to do, so that’s what I did.
While going to school in my spare time I still managed to write stories, but there came a time where work and school left me with so little time that I stopped writing altogether. For 3 or so years the only thing I wrote was essay’s or tests. Once I finally finished all my schooling in 2013, the itch to write came back. It never went away really, but now I could pursue it fully. That’s when I decided to start my first blog in the beginning of 2014. It was a way for me to just start writing again. Writing about anything and everything, for no one but myself. After a few months I stopped that blog and made a new blog on WordPress.
My second blog on WordPress was more of a challenge to myself. I wanted to see if I could write a post every week for 1 year. After a year of writing posts almost weekly my second blog made me realize that I blogging was something I wanted to continue to do. I continued writing on that blog until 2016.
That is pretty much when I decided that blogging something I was going to be into doing long-term so I decided to go self-hosted and started the blog you’re reading today. It’s actually been quite the journey so far. I’ve learned so much since I’ve started from blogging, writing, web design, photography and photo editing to just name a few. That’s pretty much my story of how I got into blogging, so now tips!
- Write for yourself first. At the end of the day it’s your blog, so you might as well write about what you are passionate about. If people read it awesome, if not then at least you’ll have written something you are proud of yourself. Yes it’s good to keep your readers in mind, but I don’t think it’s good to focus on writing something just because you feel it will get a lot of views. Keep it real, put your heart, soul and experience into your posts and I think you’ll find you’ll be just fine.
- Don’t be afraid to promote your blog. If you go self-hosted your blog will almost never be seen by anyone unless you do some sort of promotion for it. I was hesitant to promote it at first but eventually took the plunge and joined Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest. It was the right move. My blog doesn’t get a ton of traffic but just engaging with people on all platforms will do a lot for your blog and readership. You’ll also meet a lot of great people. The blogging world is filled with them, like all these awesome bloggers you’re going to see below!
If you haven’t checked them out I highly recommend you do. There’s great content in their blogs and I think they’re pretty cool people to boot. Do give them a read if you aren’t already doing so already.
- Steph at Steph And The City
- Megan at Reflections and Ramblings
- Brigid at Blissfully Brigid
- Juliemarie at BJJ and Self Love
- Off The Court
- Meera at Escapes and Epiphanies
- Butterbeer, Books & Broomsticks
- Kymberlee at BDD & Me
- Corinna from Random Tangent Blog
- Lili at Simple Inspired Life
- Lowella at Tru To Form
- Imagination Girl Blog
- Ross at Man vs Adulthood
- Lauren from Gone Stalking
- Sara from Sara in LaLaLand
I know that some people don’t do these things or maybe you’ve already been nominated. Please don’t feel obligated to reply, if it’s not your thing that’s totally OK. For those of you that do I look forward to reading your replies!
~ LET’S CONNECT! ~
If you like what you’ve read and want to stay current be sure to subscribe to the blog so you’ll never miss a post. I always love hearing from people so don’t be shy to leave a comment or just say hello, happy pursuits!